BlueStep is a technology company committed to improving the quality of health care services. The BlueStep technology platform, a unique combination of powerful hardware and configurable web services, was developed to accomplish this objective. BlueStep HQ™ is a web-based human services management application built on the BlueStep technology platform.
BlueStep HQ is the first fully automated health and human services application. HQ automates and streamlines core business processes integrating resident management, facility operations, marketing, customer service, complete resident TAR/MAR/ADL charting, human resources, MDS processing, and other core functions. Information is entered only once and automatically shared, depending on security levels, enterprise wide in real time. Data is secure and available 24/7 from any Web browser and automatically backed up daily.
Manage and monitor the entire resident record electronically
- Demographic, medical, and custom data – Data traditionally stored in a paper file is stored electronically and securely in the HQ system. Resident demographic, medical and even custom data is stored and retrieved quickly.
- Resident activities and progress monitoring – HQ monitors resident and staff activities and progress to ensure proper care and compliance. Employees and supervisors are alerted by the system if proper care is not delivered.
- Residents, families, care partners, etc. – The HQ database manages resident records, as well as information about other interested parties such as family members, doctors, consultants and others.
Secure Online Data
Collect and share data securely online
- Secure online family pages – The HQ Family Connect™ Web page allows authorized family members and responsible parties to access certain information about the resident via the Internet. Information may be customized to include daily activities, resident updates, care provided, photos, and more.
- Marketing – Skilled nursing centers market and collect inquiry information online. The HQ system includes a marketing database to track referring entities and leads from inquiry through admission and discharge.
- Online applications and intake – Resident applications and intake data are completed at the center, or by the resident’s family securely online. Combine inquiry, application, demographic, and other data into one complete record.
- Website and e-mail integration – The HQ system can be used in combination with other BlueStep technology including Website and e-mail integration. HQ and BlueStep technology provide skilled nursing centers a complete management solution.
- HIPAA compliance– Permission-based security assures that staff members see only those areas of the record they are authorized to see.
Health & Human Services Tools
Manage data specific to skilled nursing centers
- Daily DON Report – Provides a record of all critical areas of the clinical and resident interaction with the resident by the nursing and CNA staff such as: care plans, incidents, medication exceptions, pressure ulcers, ADLs, TARs, and more.
- Daily Administration Report – A report of all critical areas of management risk such as: case mix and census, staff and resident record exceptions, state Medicaid submission tracking, PASSR tracking, consultants review reporting, overdue facility repairs, resident incidents, and certain clinical information.
- Nursing and medications functions – Automated nursing functions include: diabetic testing, med pass, missing signature reminders, shift change reports, skin checks, scheduled TARs, ulcer and wound treatments, and more.
- Resident charting for CNAs – Information recorded on resident charts by CNAs populate MDS reports and have a large effect on resident billing. Resident charting areas include: fully automated ADLs, nutrition, resident restorative, social and activities, and more.
- Physician access – Physicians access BlueStep HQ to review and approve the following: health history and physicals, physician’s orders, TB tests, discharge orders, incident reports, and more.
- Facility management – The disaster preparedness module provides the requirements established by the US government for SNFs setting up a plan for the transfer and care of residents for short-term and long-term events. The life safety module covers all aspects of the facility including building condition, water temperature, refrigerator temperatures, general cleanliness, roof gutter cleaning, and potential health risks to the resident or staff.
- State Medicaid applications – State-approved Medicaid forms are automatically generated for electronic submission. The system will not allow you to submit the form if it is incomplete or if certain elements are outside of required parameters.
- MDS generation and submission – The HQ system gathers data directly from resident records for MDS reporting. Missing or erroneous data is displayed and can be corrected by the MDS coordinator.
Track staff members and human resource data
- Staff login and secure access – Staff members have unique user accounts allowing access only to sections in HQ granted by their security level. Give as much or little access to each staff member as necessary.
- Staff productivity tools – The productivity tools in the “My Office” section of HQ help staff members fulfill their responsibilities efficiently and effectively. Staff members view and manage task lists, secure communications, events and relationships.
- Staff Scheduling – Complete and comprehensive staff scheduling tools allow for easy management and customization to match current shifts. Staff members access the schedule anywhere they have an Internet connection.
- Timecards – The HQ system includes the ability to track employee timecards. Timecard data can be exported for use in payroll or other financial applications.
Customized For Skilled Nursing
The system is customized to fit the organization
- Custom data reports – Real-time data in HQ is viewed using custom queries and reports. Custom reporting provides instant feedback to skilled nursing centers on current conditions of operations and automatically generates resident reports in compliance with federal, state and payer regulations.
- “Management by exception” reporting – Reports are generated on what was not done rather than a list of what was done thereby providing management the ability to focus on areas needing attention.
- Automated processes – Use the HQ system to automate processes and repetitive tasks. Any data element in HQ can be used to set off a “trigger” to add an item to a staff to-do list or send an e-mail reminder making sure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Custom forms and fields – All data elements in HQ are fully customizable. Create custom electronic forms matching traditional paper forms, and add and remove data forms and fields to match the center’s needs. The BlueStep system is so easy we can quickly make modifications to the system or train someone on staff to make changes.
- Manage multiple locations – HQ manages organizational hierarchies and multiple skilled nursing center locations. Local care centers enter and view only data for their location while data may also be viewed on a regional or organization-wide basis.
Quality Assurance and QIS
More than ever before, nursing homes are becoming increasingly aware of the importance of measuring and acting on quality initiatives to improve quality of care. The Quality Indicator Survey (QIS) instituted by CMS is one very important aspect of this. BlueStep’s QualityReview system provides nursing home operators the ability to perform quality analysis according to exact QIS standards set forth by CMS.
Reviews can be performed at anytime, anywhere with any web-enable device. Results are instantly calculated and help nursing homes quickly highlight areas that need attention, identify residents at risk, and greatly improve QIS and traditional survey outcomes.